Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mango Verde Chicken

Saturday night I made Mango Verde Chicken for my girlfriend and I while her husband watched the football game and mine worked. Love ladies' night! This recipe was suggested to me by Laurie J. It is very good and simple. Laurie said black beans goes well with it...don't skip the black beans.

Mango Verde Chicken (Do you like the name, Laurie?)
Source: Laurie J.

3 chicken breasts
1 small container Mango-Peach Salsa
1 small can Green Enchilada Sauce

Place all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook for 3 hours on high. Remove chicken and shred it. Return to slow cooker to soak up all that yummy juice.

I served mine on a warm flour tortilla, cheese, black beans and chicken. I think for leftovers I will make a salad and add extra mango salsa on top.

P.S. I made black beans, in my slow cooker, but the recipe is not perfected yet...will post later.

1 comment:

The Bensons said...

Would you please post more... I am running out of ideas for dinner.
:)